Friendly. Approachable. Empathetic. Engaging. Style Leader.
As the Junior Stylist you will work with the styling team to ensure that each of our clients are taken care of and love the end result of their “Cross Experience”. You will be highly involved in each styling project to collect all the information needed to keep the project on track and running smoothly, all in keeping with The Cross signature looks.
You will do this by assisting our walk in clients and assessing their needs through our elevated styling service. You will assist/oversee each project from start to finish making sure that every aspect of each project is taken care of. You will work alongside the Styling Department Manager and coordinate the team, vendors, trades etc. to work holistically towards the end goal; a beautiful space and happy client!
As a part of The Cross Team we all wear many hats as our business is evolving and ever-changing. With that we require you to be very flexible, You will be involved in the day to day sales process in store and on the sales floor, as well as supporting the Styling department with any styling projects. New ideas and fresh perspectives are always welcome! We love to be collaborative, and we’d love to hear from you.
ALL IN A DAY’S WORK…
- Support The Cross Design Styling Department through our friendly, professional, elevated service and expert product knowledge
- Assist walk-in clients with in-the-moment styling needs.
- Qualify and educate potential sales floor clients on services offered by the Styling Department
- Contributing to department meetings, daily huddles, product knowledge sessions.
- Promote Styling Services in store, in studio and at networking events.
- Assess styling needs of our walk-in clients on the sales floor using our Cross Catalog and curated selection of Cross Looks
- Gather all relevant information pertaining to scope of Styling Projects; Budgets, time frame etc.
- Assist in booking and scheduling in store preliminary client-consultations and follow up
- Support the Styling Department Manager in putting together the conceptual packages for each client. Assist with in store client presentations.
- Work closely with vendors to provide clients with up to date product knowledge, and accurate lead times
- Communicate with clients via email and telephone to keep them informed and updated of changes with their orders.
- Track Project Status to optimize styling client experience and increase sales
- Assist in booking deliveries and installations and follow up
- Maintaining monthly sample inventory of Styling Studio - Ordering new fabric samples etc.
- Support and collaborate with other departments and team members depending on the current needs of the business.
- Assist with digital marketing/social media posting, engaging & strategizing.
- People and relationship driven
- A love for creativity and beauty!
- Interior styling experience
- Logical and systematic approach to your work
Knowledge of residential and commercial design and space planning.
· Work well as part of a team, maintain positive relationships with vendors and third parties.
- Pay attention to details - it’s all in the details (and we have some beautiful ones!)
- Excellent organization skills.
- Communication! Excellent, continual communication is key for our staff and clients.
TO SEE IF YOU'RE THE RIGHT FIT
First, check out our online store right here and have a browse. We love browsers!
Then pop into the shop anytime on Tuesday-Friday and apply in person to Tiffany de la Llave or Mark Torhjelm with a current resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you and hearing about why you want to join our team.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION...
If you’ve had sales experience or experience in a customer focused, design-driven environment.
Job Type: Full-time